It has been a while since my last post. It’s hard to believe that the end of 2019 is almost upon us and Christmas is just around the corner! As you know, Christmas is my favourite time to bake so I’m hoping to share with you all some Christmas treats (both sugar-free and sugary!).
This strawberry slice is gluten, dairy, sugar and egg free and very easy to make!
Let me know what you think 🙂
Makes approximately 15 squares.
- 1 cup pecan nuts
- 1 cup almond meal (almond flour)
- 6 x fresh dates (Medjool), pitted
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 cups cashew nuts, soaked (4 hours) and drained
- 270mL can coconut cream
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 punnet strawberries, chopped (250g)
- Extra strawberries, to serve
- Place cashews in a bowl and cover with water. Leave to soak overnight or for 3 – 4 hours.
- Line a small rectangular slice tin with baking paper.
- Meanwhile, place the ‘base’ ingredients in a food processor and combine. Press mixture in to the prepared slice tin. Place in the freezer to set.
- When soaked, drain the cashews. Place in a food processor or blender with the coconut cream, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla and lemon juice.
- When smooth, place half of the mixture on top of the base. Return to freezer to set (approx. 20 – 30 minutes).
- Add the chopped strawberries to the remaining cashew mixture. Combine in food processor until smooth.
- Layer strawberry mixture on top of set cashew layer and base. Return to freezer for 3 hours.
- When set, remove from freezer and leave for 5 minutes. Press strawberry slices in to top of slice. Cut into squares.
- Store in fridge or freezer.
Happy Baking! Lx