Are you beginning the new year with a health kick? Perhaps it’s a change in habit or a new years resolution? The start of a new year often sees us reflecting on how we can be the best version of ourselves. For most people, that often involves a change in our diet. These no-nasties banana oat bars are free of sugar, dairy, eggs etc! No nasties, but definitely plenty of flavour! Happy Baking Lx
- 4 ripe bananas
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup dried apricots, diced
- 1-2 tbsp cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup nuts/seeds (I used equal amounts of almonds and dates)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Glaze (optional) – 1/4 cup coconut yoghurt, 1/4 cup dairy free white chocolate
- Preheat oven to 160oC. Line a small slice tin with baking paper.
- Mash bananas in a medium-sized bowl. Stir in vanilla and cinnamon.
- Add rolled oats and stir to combine.
- In a mini food-processor, mix the dried apricots, and nuts/seeds (almonds and dates) until they are finely chopped.
- Add apricot and nut mix, and cacao nibs to banana and oat mixture. Stir to combine. See pictures below to check consistency.
- Pour the mixture into the lined slice tin and press down with the back of a fork or spoon until even in the pan.
- Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until lightly brown around the edges.
- Allow to cool.
- For the glaze – melt the white chocolate. Stir in coconut yoghurt and mix to combine. Drizzle over the slice and refrigerate for at least 20 minutes.
- Once cool, cut into bars. This recipe made 12 pieces.
Happy Baking Lx