This is my favourite cookie recipe. Recently refined to create the perfect cookie, this recipe can be modified to suit whatever ingredients you have sitting in your pantry. In today’s edition: macadamias, white chocolate and dark chocolate.
Happy baking L x
Chocolate & Macadamia Cookies:
- 3 cups plain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups sugar: 1/2 cup caster sugar, 3/4 cup brown sugar, 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 free-range eggs
- 250g unsalted cooking butter, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 350g extras, chopped: For those pictured, I used equal portions of white chocolate, dark chocolate and macadamias
- Prepare ingredients.
- In one bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda
- In another bowl, whisk together the melted butter and sugars until well combined (approx. 5 minutes). Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Stir in vanilla.
- Fold in the dry ingredients, mixing well until a thick dough is formed.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 170°C and line three biscuit trays with grease-proof paper.
- Scoop circles of dough on to biscuit trays (I use 1-2 tablespoons of dough, using a small ice cream scoop). Do not flatten. See images below.
- Bake biscuits for 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned around the edges.
- Allow to cool.
- The whisking of the butter and sugar until a thick, smooth consistency is formed is the most important step in making these chewy cookies.
- For the “350g extras, chopped”, you could use any ingredients you have available – even just choc chip. The options are endless!
- You could also make these triple choc by including 3 tablespoons of cocoa with the dry ingredients.
- Refrigerating the cookies is important in obtaining the perfect texture for cookies, I learnt this tip of http://www.sweetish.co 🙂