With Australia Day approaching, it seemed appropriate to get into the Australian theme and mix up my favourite brownie recipe with an Aussie twist. These delicious Nestle’ Milo Brownies are perfect with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Happy Baking! L x
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 x 200g block of Cadbury Milk Cooking Chocolate
3/4 cup caster sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 tsp salt (optional)
3/4 cup plain flour
1/2 cup Nestle’ Milo powder
Icing sugar (to serve)
- Preheat oven to 150 degrees fan-forced. Line a baking tin with baking paper.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a saucepan on low heat until combined. Be careful not to get the mixture too hot.
- Beat the vanilla, eggs, and sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer (approximately 2 minutes).
- Add chocolate and butter mixture and beat again.
- Stir in Milo, flour and salt. Add extra plain flour if necessary.
- Pour mixture into lined baking tray and bake for 45 minutes or until cooked through.
- Dust brownie with icing sugar and serve.
This recipe was adapted from milo brownie recipe on Taste.com.au.